Lymphedema is a condition that can happen after any cancer surgery, and refers to the swelling that generally occurs in one of the arms or legs. When lymph nodes are removed and the lymph system is compromised, lymph fluid can accumulate and swelling can occur in the affected limb. There is no cure for lymphedema, but with early diagnosis and diligent care, it can be managed. At Pink Ribbons LLC, we provide compression garments that will assist in your daily management of lymphedema. And, compression garments are no longer just beige and brown. You now have choices! They are available in various seasonal colors and patterns to reflect your individual style. We are now an exclusive distributor of Lympha Press pneumatic pumps.
In some instances, lymphedema therapy and compression garments are just not enough. Sometimes a pneumatic lymphedema compression pump is needed to assist you in your daily home management of lymphedema. Pink Ribbons is an exclusive distributor of Lympha Press pneumatic lymphedema compression pumps. Lympha Press is a dynamic compression therapy system that can treat one or two limbs simultaneously. It consists of a pump which supplies air to garments worn over the areas of the body to be treated. The pump fills air cells within the garments in a special sequence, alternating waves of compression with brief periods of pause and refill. This action massages the affected area with a “milking” motion. That’s how the Lympha Press pneumatic pump works, and here’s what makes it special:
- Rapid treatment cycles – Lympha Press provides more massage cycles in less time than slower filling systems.
- A variety of treatment modes – Pretherapy, Lymph or Sequential, Wave or Peristaltic.
- Calibrated gradient system – Set the pressure in up to 12 individual zones to address localized discomfort and individual needs.
- Multiple compression cells – More compression cells mean that a smaller area is compressed each time. Each cell overlaps the next cell for a more fluid massage.
- Unique garments – Designed for optimal therapy, Lympha Press garments use sturdy, non-stretch fabrics that direct compression inwards toward the body.
Lympha Press can be used in the comfort of your home, and can be set to any treatment time and pressure prescribed by your physician. For more information, feel free to stop in to Pink Ribbons, LLC and speak with our knowledgeable staff! You can also give us a call at 901-417-6060. Lymphedema pumps are covered by most insurance companies and often Medicare. We’ll be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have about the Lympha Press pneumatic pumps.